Hey everyone! Welcome to my little corner where I share my journey of discovery and growth.
Today, I want to talk about something that revolutionized my approach to wellness – the 7 dimensions of wellness.
For the longest time, my wellness routine was a monotonous cycle of diet and exercise. While these are crucial, I always felt like something was missing. I was in this constant state of chasing fitness goals but never really feeling 'well'. That's until I stumbled upon the concept of the 7 dimensions of wellness.
1. Physical Wellness: Sure, it includes exercise and diet, but it's so much more. It's about listening to your body, understanding its needs, and nourishing it not just with food but with rest, hydration, and care. I all too often ran myself ragged, burning the candle at both ends.
2. Emotional Wellness: This was a game-changer for me. Learning to understand and manage my emotions, cultivating a positive attitude, and dealing with life's stressors in a healthy way has been transformative. Really you start to realize that its all about managing your reactions with more awareness.
3. Intellectual Wellness: I realized that feeding my curiosity and engaging my mind was as important as feeding my body. Whether it's picking up a new hobby, reading, or just learning something new, it keeps my mind sharp and active.
4. Social Wellness: Building strong, healthy relationships and nurturing a support system has brought a new dimension of happiness to my life. It's about quality connections, not just social media interactions. Show up for those you love and care for!
5. Spiritual Wellness: This goes beyond religion. It's about finding meaning and purpose in life, whatever that means for you. For me, it's about being in tune with my inner self and practicing mindfulness. It can be small from ensuring you dont litter or kill bugs to deep meditation in solidutiy. Pick what resonates with you!
6. Environmental Wellness: I never realized how my surroundings affected my well-being until I started making small changes. Being in nature, reducing my carbon footprint, and living sustainably has not only helped the planet but also brought a sense of peace to my life.
Clean your room!
7. Occupational Wellness: Finding joy and fulfillment in what I do for a living has been crucial. It's not just about the paycheck; it's about feeling valued and finding a healthy balance between work and personal life.
Discovering these dimensions has been like finding missing pieces of a puzzle. I no longer see wellness as just a physical endeavor but as a holistic journey. It's about balancing all these aspects to not just survive but thrive in life.
If you're feeling stuck in your wellness journey, I encourage you to explore these dimensions. You might just find what you've been missing. Remember, wellness is a personal journey, and it's okay to take your time figuring out what works best for you.
To everyone embarking on this journey, here's to growing, learning, and thriving in all aspects of our lives!